8 zone VOICE/MUSIC Matrix
MATRIX88 is indispensable whenever you need an audio system that not only allows zone, group and overall paging, but also lets you remotely control the music program on each individual zone. MATRIX88 features 8 music source inputs and 8 audio zone outputs, 2 inputs to connect 2 BM8X8 paging consoles, one input for each audio zone and its corresponding remote control (R88, R88L or LOC02), one microphone input with switchable priority, one EMC IN input to connect an automatic message generator and, finally, some emergency sirens driven by closing contacts that can be interconnected with a security system. In its stand-alone configuration, the unit allows paging on up to 8 zones and each announcement can be preceded by a switchable 2-tone or 4-tone chime. Up to four MATRIX88 can be daisy-chained to accommodate up to 32 paging zones, and up to three paging console expansion units – EXBM8X8 – can be added.
A UTP CAT5 cable connects MATRIX88 with the remote controls and the microphone console.
- 8 music inputs (4 Line and 4 Mic/Line) that can be selected for each of the 8 outputs.
- 1 balanced local input with Gain control on each zone
- 1 microphone with switchable priority
- 8 emergency contacts
- 1 EMC IN input for the connection of an external message generator with switchable priority
- 8 RJ45 ports for the connection of 8 remote controls (one for each zone) through a CAT5 cable
- 2 RJ45 ports for the connection of 2 paging consoles via a CAT5 cable
- Independent Level control for each zone
- Display showing the input channel selected for each zone
- Internal speaker to monitor each zone
- Power Supply 230/117V~ 50/60Hz
- Auxiliary Power Supply 24 V DC
- RS485 Communication
- Up to 4 MATRIX88 units can be daisy-chained to expand the system (up to 32 zones)
- Standard 19” rack size (3 units)